Willard Library will text you when:
- Items you have requested are available to pickup
- Items you have checked out are due soon
You may text the library to:
- Renew items
- Check your account balance
- Receive a list of your current checkouts
You can choose these message options:
- Send and receive in English or Spanish
- Receive notices for more than one library card
You will need the following to get started:
- A phone that can send a text message to an e-mail address
- Subscription to text messaging with your wireless carrier. This service is free from the Library, but standard text rates apply.
To sign up using your cell phone:
2. Text the word SIGNUP to the new contact.
>>You will receive a message asking for a library card number.
3. Text your library card number.
>>You will receive a message asking for your PIN
4. Text your PIN. (Your PIN is the last four digits of your phone number on file at the library.)
>>You will receive a confirmation.
5. OPTIONAL. It will ask for your email address.
TIP: You can combine steps, 2, 3, and 4 into a single text using a plus sign between each part.
How to send and receive texts:
- When you receive a text notice, follow the prompts.
- To send a text to the library, use the following commands:
|ADDCARD||ADDCARD||Add a secondary library card to your notification account|
|DROPCARD||DROPCARD||Remove a secondary library card|
|HOLDS||MANTENER||Hold notices Opt In/Out|
|IOWEU||TEDEBO||See the current fine total on your account|
|MYBOOKS||Current list of all checkouts|
|NOTICES||AVISOS||Current status of all your Opt In/Out services|
|OVERDUE||ATRASADO||Overdue notice Opt In/Out|
|RENEW||RENOVAR||Renew notices Opt In/Out|
|RESEND||REENVIAR||Resend the last message|
|SWITCHPHONE||CAMBIARTELEFONO||Change the phone number receiving texts|
|ISBN||ISBN||Library catalog search by ISBN|
|UPC||UPC||Library catalog search by UPC on music CDs|
|QUIT||SALIR||Stop this text notices service|