Notary Services are unavailable while the library buildings are closed to in person visits.
Willard Library offers basic notary services.
Notary services are available at both library locations. The hours of available Notary Public staff vary daily. Guests seeking notary services should contact the library at 269-968-8166 prior to visiting either location to ensure a notary will be available. Willard Library cannot guarantee the availability of a Notary Public at any particular time.
WHAT TO BRING:
- completed, unsigned, document(s) to be notarized.
- a witness or witnesses, if required by your document. Willard Library can not guarantee the availability of library staff to serve as witnesses. Witnesses may not be solicited from other library guests.
- a valid, unexpired state ID, federal ID, or other government ID with signature and photos (such as a driver’s license, state ID card, US military ID or US passport).
Notarization of the following document types is not available:
- Real Estate Transactions
- Documents prepared in a language other than English.
- Documents with blank spaces other than the space for signature.
- Vital Records (birth, death, and marriage)
- Certifications of a copy (e.g., verify that a reproduction of an original document is a true, complete and correct copy of the original)
A temporary ID, social security card and/or library card are not valid forms of identification for notary services. All identification for notary must have signature and photo.
Other Things to Know
Notaries are regulated by Michigan Law. We will not notarize documents in any manner that violates Michigan laws and regulations. Notaries are not able to prepare or complete documents for you, nor can they give legal advice on a matter. If you have questions or concerns or do not fully understand any document to be notarized, please consult legal advice before visiting the library.
In accordance with Michigan Law, notaries will not provide service if the document or circumstances of the request for notary service raise any issues of authenticity, ambiguity, doubt, or uncertainty for the library. Our notaries may decline to provide notary service if any of those conditions exist.
Off-site notary services are not available.